A36 Design additional activities if required
List of all activities
- A01. Appoint the Sponsor
- A02. Prepare the Project Summary
- A03. Appoint the Project Manager
- A04. Set up the PMIS
- A05. Appoint the rest of the team
- A06. Populate the PMIS
- A07. Select suppliers and agree on the Supplier PMs (optional)
- A08. Preparation Audit
- A09. Go/No-Go
- A10. Project kick-off
- A11. Focused Communication
- Cycle Planning
- Weekly Activities
- Daily Activities
- Cycle CLosing
- A35. Check the Business Case and evaluate the benefits
- A36. Design additional activities if required
- A37. Focused Communication
Sometimes we can do a tiny piece of work, to enable the product generate even more benefits. This is the responsibility of the Sponsor to see if it’s possible. In that case, they will get help from the organization to do the task. Remember that the project is over, and the people who used to work for it are not assigned anymore.
In some cases, we may come up with new beneficial ideas for the same product, or inline with it, that would be possible through a new project. Then the Sponsor will discuss the idea with other responsible people and a new project may be initiated.
- We’ve created a simple website for our small business, and saw that it has increased our benefits by 10%, which is great. Now we’re wondering, maybe, it would be possible to have another project to turn the current website to a modern looking one, and increase the benefits even more.
- We finished a large construction project successfully. We’re invited to take over two similar projects because of that success, and those new projects are really beneficial. Maybe we can increase this visibility by attending a national conference and deliver a presentation on how we successfully managed the first project. The presentation might generate more customers for us.
- The new support system we created in the project is not working properly; we were better off without it. Let’s have a new project to roll it back, and replace it with a simple solution that is less costly.