This page explains the trainer accreditation program of P3.express (meant for individuals). There’s also an Accredited P3.express Education Partner program for organizations.
P3.express is open and free (libre), with a Creative Commons Attribution license, which means that anyone who is interested can give P3.express training without seeking permission and without paying a fee.
Note: While P3.express is free (libre), your derived work doesn’t have to be so, and you can use it for commercial purposes.
While anyone can be a P3.express Trainer, only a subset of the trainers receive the Accredited P3.express Trainer designation based on the criteria defined in this program.
The ultimate goal of this program is to help create an ecosystem where learners receive high‑quality, practical training courses.
To achieve this goal, we
- help accreditation candidates improve their programs and reach higher levels of quality, and hopefully, become accredited;
- evaluate training programs and identify and promote trainers who demonstrate a high level of quality in their programs as accredited trainers; and
- continuously monitor the performance of the accredited trainers to ensure they have the minimum quality requirements and continuously improve.
This program may be updated in the future. Updates will be kept as compatible as possible with the previous versions so that trainers can rely on the program for their long-term plans.
Trainers who are accredited or have applied to become accredited will be informed of updates via email.
If you have suggestions for improving this program, we’d be happy to hear from you. You can contact us via this email address: email@example.com
Accredited P3.express Trainers receive the following benefits:
- They are allowed to use the Accredited P3.express Trainer designation.
- They can buy P3.express Practitioner exam vouchers at a discount.
- They will receive advice for improving their training programs.
- They will be listed on the website.
The following are the requirements for becoming an accredited trainer:
- Have an up-to-date P3.express Practitioner certificate.
- Formally accept and continuously comply with the Accredited P3.express Trainers' Code of Conduct
- Be an active trainer with at least 5 learners every 6 months.
- Have a passing rate of at least 70% for all learners.
- Have a satisfactory result for qualitative learner evaluations.
Learners' evaluation of your training programs is mainly done via online questionnaires before and after the exam. However, when needed, the accreditation officers may contact the learners to ask extra questions, or even conduct live interviews. This criterion is not about their level of satisfaction (e.g., having an overall score above a certain value), because learner satisfaction is not always a good measure of the effectiveness of the course. Instead, a qualified accreditation officer checks the evaluation forms for indirect signs of effective or ineffective training.
Trainer accreditation is free of charge.
The accreditation process
The following is the accreditation process:
- Send your request and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a copy of the code of conduct to read and sign. The accreditation process proceeds only if you sign the code of conduct.
- A qualified accreditation officer will continuously evaluate your learners and give you comments for improvement when possible.
- As soon as you satisfy the requirements (which may take a few months), your designation will be issued.
- Your performance will be evaluated after accreditation as well. The accreditation officers will contact you if they can identify any improvement opportunities in your training courses.
- Your accreditation continues as long as you meet the requirements. If you fail to meet them, an accreditation officer will inform you, help you understand how to fix it, and give you some time to do so. If you can’t fix the issue, your accreditation will end, but you can apply again later when you’re able to meet the requirements. Serious violations of the code of conduct may result in immediate and permanent cancellation of the accreditation.
To respect learners' privacy, only the aggregated and anonymized results of evaluations will be shared with you. Other than that, no other learner-submitted data will be communicated to you or anyone else.