C03 - Kick off the weekly cycle
This management activity belongs to the Weekly Management group, which is a group of activities done at the beginning of each week.
Note: This is a draft of the second version of P3.express. Comments are welcome!
In small projects, gather all team members, and in large ones, gather all team leaders, supplier project managers, management team members, and if required, other key stakeholders to go through the following topics:
- Review what you’re going to do in the upcoming week.
- Review the risks they may have in the upcoming week or the existing issues that may expand to the upcoming week, and record them in the Follow-Up Register.
- Encourage the teams to limit their work in progress, and get the in-progress work done as soon as possible.
The main purpose is to make sure that everyone is aligned, and that there will be no conflicts between the works of teams and individuals.
The following considerations can help you avoid some of the common pitfalls in this management activity:
- Don’t use this meeting for checking the performance (it’s done in C01).
- Don’t use this meeting to design responses for the identified issues and risks (it’s done in D02).
- Facilitate the meeting to ensure that it doesn’t take too much time, and that enough time is spent on each topic.
The following principles have a significant role in this management activity: